- To advance and defend the interest of workers in all matters of mutual interest between themselves and their employers in order to improve the standard of living of union members, workers and the working class in general.
- To promote and protect union members and workers’ employment along with their socio-economic rights and interests.
- To promote and defend the socio-economic interests of union members, workers and the working class.
- To defend and help union members resist unfair labour practises and dismissals.
- To promote job security for union members and workers by advocating for job creation programmes and resisting dismissals for operational reasons.
- To eradicate all forms of unfair discrimination in the workplace and society that are based on grounds including but not limited to race, gender, sex, ethnicity, social origin, colour, birth, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, age, disability, HIV status, religion, culture or political opinion.
- To build and maintain a democratic worker controlled union based on non-racialism, non-tribalism, non-sexism, non-homophobic and non-xenophobic principles.
- To promote democracy and worker control in the union by encouraging members, shop stewards, officials and office bearers to work in an accountable and responsible manner.
The objects for which the Union is established are:
- To secure complete organization in the Union of all workers in the employment of Tour Operators, Tour Agents, Petrol Filling and Service Stations, transportation of Fuel, Petrol and Oil, Driving Schools, Cycle marts, Road and Air Transport, Workers manning Aerodromes, Airport and landing Strips, Transport Haulage, Balloon Safaris, Ferry Services, Freight Forwarders, Coach and Bodybuilders, Horticultural Exporters, General Transporters, General Cargo at the Airports, Air Travel Agents, Road Passenger Transport(Buses, Matatus, Taxis, Private Car Hire), Informal Transport workers, Travel Agents, Platform/Gig workers and any other related activities e.g. Garages in the Republic of Kenya.
- To make an endeavor to obtain just and proper rates of wages, working hours and other conditions of employment to negotiate and promote the settlement of disputes arising between employers and employees by reconciliation, arbitration or otherwise, and generally to safeguard the interest of the members.
- To regulate and improve the relations between employees and employers and between employees and employees.
- To provide whenever possible a facility for members to obtain further training both theoretical and practical for becoming more efficient in their job.
- To seek and obtain legal advice and any other assistance on any matters affecting the union, or for protecting the rights of member or members on matters arising out of the relation with their employers. Provided that the Executive Committee shall have the sole right to decide whether or not such legal advice or assistance is in the best interest of the union or members concerned.
- To Cooperate with other similar organizations on matters of common interests for uniform actions to promote and safeguard the interests of workers and to affiliate with other international or local organizations for the same purpose.
- To provide all possible sources for the material, social educational, and other welfare activities for members and to endeavor to obtain employment for them whenever necessary.
- To collect and circulate among members of the Union such statistical and other information concerning all matters affecting the Union and to print, publish and issue papers periodicals, books, circulars and other literature as may be deemed relevant to any of these objects.
- To provide for members all or any of the following benefits: –
- Relief in sickness, accident, disablement, distress, unemployment, victimization of trade dispute and any assistance to a member’s immediate defendants as agreed by the National Executive Committee.
- Funeral expenses of a member or his immediate defendants subject to a maximum amount as may be decided by the National Executive Committee.
- To acquire either by purchase, lease or otherwise any movable or immovable property or other assets and to sell, let or mortgage or charge or otherwise deal with or dispose of movable or immovable property belong to the Union.